If you’re interested in gaining experience as an HR Generalist, we encourage you to apply! Our internship offers an excellent opportunity to learn practical HR skills. You will get exciting projects and make a significant impact at Merrick, inc.
The Human Resource Intern will learn the Human Resource (HR) department’s daily functions, assisting in hiring and interviewing staff, updating employee records, improving current company trainings, and more. As a HR intern you will also have the opportunity to be involved in special projects based on your desired skillsets. Our internship will help you build practical communication, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
This is an unpaid Internship.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring qualified job applicants.
- Assist with background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Analyze trainings, performance review documents, and job postings; Providing updates where needed.
- Update internal databases with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms.
- Maintains compliance with current federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations in accordance with recommended best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
What Merrick Has to Offer:
- Flexible Schedule.
- Knowledge about HR generalist tasks and the impact they can have on a company.
- References for later career options and or endeavors.
- School credit if needed in college.