As an Offsite Crew Specialist, you will work with, support, and coach clients at their given worksite. You will transport the crew to their worksite, interact, lead and coordinate with the employer to ensure completed work meets their quality expectations. The Offsite Crew Specialist provides a key service enriching the lives of both the clients and the community. You will provide support and advocacy as the crew accomplishes the desired outcomes of their Coordinated Services Support Plan-Addendum (CSSP-A).
Merrick Inc. offers life enrichment, employment, and adult day services to more than 375 clients. We are the largest day program in Ramsey County with a 56-year history of leadership in person-centered planning, self-advocacy, meaningful work options, operational excellence, and continuous innovation.
This position is Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm, with no weekends and no evenings!
Multiple benefits options are available.
Typical day as Offsite Crew Specialist
- Transport clients to the worksite in a company vehicle
- Supervise and assist clients in work tasks
- Supervise client’s job duties to ensure quality standards are being met, such as cleaning and organizing.
- Support and assist in client concerns and needs.
- Transport clients back to Merrick at end of the day
- Complete any remaining end of day tasks
We have three worksite locations available for the Offsite Crew Specialist position.
- Grand & Eagan Kowalski’s
- Two crews, 4 clients per crew
- Start and end your day at Merrick, Inc. in Vadnais Heights
- Wirthco in Bloomington, MN, one crew, 5 clients on the crew
- Start and end your day at Merrick, Inc. in Vadnais Heights OR go straight to the job site
- Clients meet you at the job site
- Knowledge of ASL is preferred, not required
- Every day is different, fill in when needed.
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week
- Act in accordance with company policies, and procedures
- Provide input and collaborate clients’ person-centered planning and service delivery outcomes
- Train and supervise clients to perform duties
- Complete client attendance and payroll
- Operate a motor vehicle, assist in loading/unloading of clients, and perform pre-loading and post-arrival activities
- Prepare/upkeep the program area
- Dress appropriately in accordance with the day’s activities and responsibilities or as required by the off-site employer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED certificate required
- 6 - 12 months of experience working with people who have an I/DD.
- Valid class “D” state driver’s license
- Pass criminal background checks and drug/alcohol tests
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must (with reasonable accommodations if needed):
- Sit, stand, walk, talk, see and communicate throughout each workday
- Stoop, bend, kneel, twist, run, reach, push, and pull
- Use hands to continually handle, assist, grasp, and feel
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds