Are you looking for a unique caregiving position with a fantastic schedule? This is the one for you! Merrick, Inc. offers an amazing variety of life enrichment, employment, and vocational rehabilitation to more than 375 clients. We are the largest day program in Ramsey Country with a 56-year history of leadership in person-centered planning, self-advocacy, meaningful work options, and continuous innovation.
Merrick, Inc. Offers:
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm set schedule.
- $500 - $1,000 hiring bonus, based on experience.
- Pay & PTO match with a verified paystub from your current employer.
- Multiple different health insurance options through Medica.
- Up to a 3% retirement match.
- Free dental insurance for the employee.
- Free life insurance for the employee & all dependants.
- A great work environment.
- Encourage clients to reach their personal and employment goals, including encouraging clients to work.
- Train, coach, and monitor clients to perform work-related contracts in accordance with the quality standards of the facility-based customer.
- Set up and take down daily work contracts for client contract work.
- Complete needed paperwork, documentation, and reports for client contract work.
- Encourage clients to engage in activities, outings, and community inclusion.
- Be engaged throughout the day with clients in work and non-work-related activities or community outings.
- Complete client attendance and payroll, Pavillio, Data Sheets, provide input to client goals and incident reports and other required documentation for assigned clients.
- Transfer clients using appropriate body mechanics and assistive equipment such as wheelchairs, Posey belts, walkers, standers, etc.
- Assist in meeting the transportation needs of clients including operating a motor vehicle, and assisting in loading, and unloading clients in a safe and reliable manner.
- Assist clients in personal care such as toileting, feeding, and preparing meals, as needed.
- Assist clients when challenging situations occur.
- As needed, be cross-trained and available for backups in other areas within the department.
- High School Diploma
- Six to twelve months of experience supporting individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities is preferred.
- Ability to use electronic devices including databases and internet-based applications.
- Have a valid class ‘D’ driver’s license.
- Maintaining a current DOT medical examiner certificate and medical waiver is preferred.
- On-going commitment to strengthening diversity, equity, and inclusion within the workplace.
- Commitment to promoting a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug/alcohol test following a conditional job offer as well as throughout the course of employment, as required by driving policies.
Our Commitment to DEI
We are dedicated to building a diverse team of employees who have an ongoing commitment to strengthening diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
If you are excited about this role and you feel that you would be an asset to this position, regardless of your past experience, we highly encourage you to apply. We value people for all life, education, and work experience.